Discuss Has postage gone up? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

Alan M

i presume we are loking at the same item.
it says 4.99 for the item opening bid and 13.50 for shipping.

it is based in ireland so it would have to be shipped across.
i often buy from ebay and have to pay that in courior charges.
unfortunitly there isnt much you can do . thats the cost of shipping.

i was buying some empty festool systainers last year.
d and m tools wanted 145 euro to ship,
axminister wanted around 100
bunnies bolts woulnt ever quote
power tools gb (rexcrystals) shipped for 8 GBP:hurray:

shop around
and if its a dear quote ask the seller to ring round the couriors and say you will too
when you get other couriors involved (or they think ther areother quotes comming in) then it is amazing how much cheaper it becomes

B

Bubblecraft

i presume we are loking at the same item.
it says 4.99 for the item opening bid and 13.50 for shipping.

it is based in ireland so it would have to be shipped across.
i often buy from ebay and have to pay that in courior charges.
unfortunitly there isnt much you can do . thats the cost of shipping.

i was buying some empty festool systainers last year.
d and m tools wanted 145 euro to ship,
axminister wanted around 100
bunnies bolts woulnt ever quote
power tools gb (rexcrystals) shipped for 8 GBP:hurray:

shop around
and if its a dear quote ask the seller to ring round the couriors and say you will too
when you get other couriors involved (or they think ther areother quotes comming in) then it is amazing how much cheaper it becomes

No, P&P on the item is EUR 3,999.00 (£3,309.81)

G

Gazzer

ebay screen_edited-1.jpg this is the .co.uk screen

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Alan, you're seeing it as cheap because you're in Ireland, where the item is.
The guy has entered a silly amount for international shipping, but has kept the normal postage for local, meaning Ireland.

Also, he's physically entered that, that's not an automated eBay guestimate or anything like that.

You get to enter a shipping price, and then if you click 'ship internationally' you get extra postage options where you can set an additional postage charge. So he's just done that and entered 3999 - probably because he doesn't want to ship internationally but didn't realise he's clicked the 'ship internationally' button.

Or perhaps he's checked the box for Northen Ireland and eBay has forced him therefore to select ship internationally, and because he doesn't want to mess around shipping to Britain or elsewhere, he's entered a silly postage amount.

Item location shows as Wicklow, Ireland.

[h=3]Postage and packaging[/h]

Item location: Greystones, Wicklow, Ireland
Postage to: Worldwide

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Has postage gone up? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
We recently completed the (rectified porcelain) floor tile installation in the bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice on final floor buildup. We're installing a shower tray...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB