Discuss Hate this humidity! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Tiling a conservatory floor today, glad I got slow set. In this heat though it feels like i'm using rapid!,

I bet you were the bloke complaining about the snow as well :lol:

I grouted a kitchen floor yesterday and it was dry before it hit the floor and nearly broke a tile :lol:

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
I was back in the sweatbox again this morning to grout up.

This may shock you but in almost 13 years I have never used a mapei product! Until today. My customer has purchased colour plus in jasmine, and I am now converted. I will not use another grout if I can help it. Lovely to mix, easy to spread, to clean, to profile. Everything. Said to only mix what can be used in 20 minutes but I found I was covering twice the normal area in those 20 minutes. Felt a little too easy. Definately made the sweatbox more bareable. Top marks all round :thumbup::thumbup:

You can find pictures on my facebook. www.Facebook.com/AllisterGage.Tiling

J

jonnyc

Glad you like the Mapei jasmine.
probably lucky that it is on a floor rather than a wet area.
Nothing wrong with the grout but if you use in wet area then it goes back to that unsightly orange colour when wet till it dries out.
i have had to seal the grout to help,prevent this happening.
honestly it looks dreadful on a babthroom floor / shower areas when wet and I have had many complaints.
plus side is that it is rapid and don't always need a Swiss double grout to get flush joint .

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

Glad you like the Mapei jasmine.
probably lucky that it is on a floor rather than a wet area.
Nothing wrong with the grout but if you use in wet area then it goes back to that unsightly orange colour when wet till it dries out.
i have had to seal the grout to help,prevent this happening.
honestly it looks dreadful on a babthroom floor / shower areas when wet and I have had many complaints.
plus side is that it is rapid and don't always need a Swiss double grout to get flush joint .

Oh thats great i have just grouted a swimming-pool with this but i was away before it was filled-up :yikes: i expect they will be on the blower then............

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hate this humidity! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Post a New Thread for Each Tiling Job Completed. Rather than using the Show us Your Work Thread...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB