Discuss Hating this bathroom ! in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
Started a bathroom on Monday, it was a small bathroom and next to it was a small shower room. Now knocking it into one larger bathroom/ shower room.

so far everything is a pain! Floor tiles were onto 6 mm ply screwed every 4 inch, and when removed the floor was a patchwork of badly fitted boards. So took the whole floor up. Relaid with 18mm ply and levelled.

plaster was dead as a dodo! So removed with a shovel! Hoped plasterer would be able to dot and dab newscaster board onto the wall. But checking with my laser its 3 inch out from top to bottom! So have had to profile cut individual timbers to level it back up.

hopefully getting two days extra from customer.

having to work tomorrow to be ready for plasterer so mighty pixxxed off!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 123
  • image.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 111
  • image.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 110
  • image.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 107
  • image.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 107

tommyzooom

TF
Arms
Ireland
You dont need to Rip cut them.
Thats what im on about gtec dryliner system Lafarge - Buildbase Builders Merchants
I'm just messing :)
I'm aware of them lizzard, The only downside is you need to start off with a full width stud, whereas in timber, they can be cut down to start off with a sliver/feather edge, perhaps saving 2-3" into the room

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hating this bathroom ! in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I am sure someone will know a good practice solution. We started a wetroom last year and then...
Replies
Views
Hi all, first post. I’m currently doing a job on my house where we’ve moved the kitchen and...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Hi All First post long storey short had arranged for someone to re model my bathroom on the...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB