Discuss Have a thought for Egypt.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

Thank you so much Joe, for this thread!***!

Saad and family went to Tahir Square yesterday daytime along with thousands of others to celebrate the good news of the end of Mubarak's regime on a historic day within such a peaceful demonstration, and were lucky to be able to withdraw from the crowd quickly when they saw Mubarak's thugs approach on camels and were able to return home safely. Many others were not as fortunate. Mubarak is one of the world's devils in suited dictator clothing and Saad did suspect he would not leave quietly but would leave, if at all, inflicting as much pain, terror, and destruction as possible. There does not seem to be a single area in an Egyptian's life that has not been touched by corruption by Mubarak's police and officials, from the hospitals to the postal service, from business lisences to housing, to banking permissions to whether you can have a passport or not, and how much it will cost you, even supply of safe water and medicine, phone and internet restrictions, the list goes on, items on the list we all take for granted. I was shocked when I listened to so many people there, and the deep sadness in what had become of such a beautiful historic country. Dirty tricks indeed, at last now they are obvious fo the world to see, ...

Yes, I will keep you posted, thank you so much for caring, I do appreciate it.

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Bedford
Looks bad out there now, getting worse everyday.
Civil war possibility now i hear.
Gisela will keep us updated i'm sure.
Dirty tricks by the government, and i thought that only went on here.
Good luck to the people i say, lets hope the army sort it out quick.

Joe, the dirty tricks thing is global mate, it's just very well hidden in certain countries :smilewinkgrin: They say that the best way to hide something, is right in the open, in yer face so to speak:smilewinkgrin:

S

Spud

I have received some e-mails from friends who returned from Egypt yesterday they were in Cairo 2 days ago and said its nothing like the media has portrayed, there is an internet blackout in Egypt at the moment and the mobile phone network is restricted, there is trouble there but most Egyptians my friend had spoken to were glad the the president is going in September and seemed happy to wait until then, there is no trouble what so ever in the Red Sea resorts so my friends have told me so Sharm El Sheik would be a bargain holiday right now

U

user123

The internet and mobile network restrictions have been lifted, I have talked with Saad and or his family on skype for the last three days and there are facbook postings, too. According to him it is very much like the media says, he is the one patrolling and guarding his street with his neighbours as they have had attacks and burning cars already, the banks are shut so there is no way to get any cash for food, the food prices are rising daily, and yes, if you are in the holiday resorts it can look very peaceful, but goodness, how quickly it can change, look at Alexandria - I went shopping in that very smart mall that got looted, I wouldn't like to be in Egypt now, things are just too volatile and instantly changeable. All the shark attacks on swimmers in Sharm el Sheik are offputting enough... uurghh...

Reply to Have a thought for Egypt.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, new to the forum and after some advice if possible. Without boring you with my life...
Replies
Views
I work in an architectural office and we completed an elementary school over the summer. We...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, Just had the bathroom floor tiled - well almost , the builder walked off after a...
Replies
Views
StevieBoy
S
T
DIY SOS. Helping people without time or money, in need desperate need to get a project...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Have a thought for Egypt..
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.