Discuss have changed cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

S

stephenoneill

let me explain ;my first cutter was a sigma and for 5 years it never let me down ;will cut anything and everything thrown at it ;they are also bombproof impossible to brake :then when i moved to france istarted to use rubi like all the locals do again a good cutter but specific models suit specific tiles:with the ts range their is a problem with the breaker wearing down to easilyand the scoring weels are great but not very long lasting ;flexing i never had a problem :have used the tx range and they are top ;however since joining this forum ive loved the banter between the rubi and sigma gang each defending their machine to the last.almost religious in their belief that their machine is best ;but last week i bought a monty 63 and from using it all this week i am delighted it is a super machine the breaking system brings me back to my sigma days super:the flip back tile maker is so handy ;and it is more solid than the rubi;cuts smooth breaks well; so for my workhorse machine monday to friday its the monty ;for kitchen splashbacks small tiles its my ever dependable rubi ts 40 and for very large tiles i will be investing in a quality sigma because lifes to short to stay with one machine when their is so much more out their ;i blame this forum for my curiosity thanks alot ;

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to have changed cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views
Dear TilersForum Thank you so much for the outstanding advice and expert information over time...
Replies
Views
    • Creative
Recently been working on a job with Saloni porcelain tiles 900x450s and they are horrible to...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, its my first post on there though have been gaining useful tips for a while so thanks...
Replies
Views
O
    • Winner
    • Informative
So as a couple of you may be aware, @Simon Dale his daughter Katrina, and myself are on a...
Replies
Views
L

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB