UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Have you ever been knocked ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

2 lads who worked for me before xmas tiled a bathroom and toilet in a rented house near me ,one of the tilers is very experienced the other is an improver(coming along nicely) the landlord of the property complained that the borders were installed at different heights and refused to pay for the job approxaimately 30msq ,i supplied the tiles adhesive and grout, the 2 guys tiled the rooms ,this gentleman has took 3 months to decide he doesnt want the tiles and has asked me to remove them , I am going round there on monday I will post some pics of the job and you guys can tell me what you think .
Have any of you guys/gals ever been stitched up and been done over by dishonourable customers ?

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
Not happened to me yet.

Having said that I'm always sure it's around the corner. My customers come to me word of mouth so it tends to keep the likelihood of that happening down a bit.

I'm also 6ft 4in, and as one of our friends, who is also a regular customer of mine, pointed out, that fact alone does make it less likely. She said that I fill door ways.

So your fat then :smilewinkgrin:

T

tileform

A few years ago when i was installing garage doors an asian guy refused to pay for his door
When i fitted for asian guys, i always used to programme an extra remote just in case
I was in the middle of taking down his brand new garage door (it comes down a lot quicker than it goes up!!)when he turned up :mad2:

I told him if he wanted to keep his door he now had to pay me to re-install it - In CASH, as well as the original money he owed me

Never seen a wad of cash that fat in my life :thumbsup:

For some reason i didnt get a recommendation from him :lol:

beanz

TF
Berkshire
Big companies developed a habit of doing this in the late 80s and early 90s. They would reduce payments to subbies justified by a load of 'snagging' issues. Most of them just took what was offered and moved on, a few stuck it out and fought.

That sort of thing put me off site work for life!

Same thing's happening now, it's a recession thing. I know a site agent that was getting in lots of contractors (a lot of them were good friends), and the company he worked for was just bumping them, and expecting him to get more contractors to replace the one's they'd bumped!?! He ended up jacking, as it was his reputaion that was going down the pan!

I won't work on site's either mate, my time roofing put me off for life!

W

White Room

Big companies developed a habit of doing this in the late 80s and early 90s. They would reduce payments to subbies justified by a load of 'snagging' issues. Most of them just took what was offered and moved on, a few stuck it out and fought.

That sort of thing put me off site work for life!

Retentions was another way guys were getting knocked

Reply to Have you ever been knocked ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers...
Replies
Views
Hello. Can I take your advice please? Our groundworks company are refusing to guarantee their...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
I see and hear all to often of the horror stories when someone hires a supposed tiler only to...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.