UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Haze on tumbled travertine stone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Shanti

Hello Dave,

Thank you for responding. The type of grout used is a "sanded grout; polymer-fortified; mold- and abrasion-resistant." When the tile was initially layed and even after it was grouted and dried, it was SO beautiful. Then one week later it was "sealed" with "DuPont StoneTech BulletProof Sealer- advanced penetrating microbond protection, water-based, for natural stone" solution and it was then that it became hazey...and I am very sad. Is there something that I can do to reverse this? I wish I would have educated myself about "sealing" --as now after reading several threads from the "experienced guys who know and understand natural stone"--I never would have allowed the travertine to be "sealed". Shanti.

E

enduro

Hello Dave,

Thank you for responding. The type of grout used is a "sanded grout; polymer-fortified; mold- and abrasion-resistant." When the tile was initially layed and even after it was grouted and dried, it was SO beautiful. Then one week later it was "sealed" with "DuPont StoneTech BulletProof Sealer- advanced penetrating microbond protection, water-based, for natural stone" solution and it was then that it became hazey...and I am very sad. Is there something that I can do to reverse this? I wish I would have educated myself about "sealing" --as now after reading several threads from the "experienced guys who know and understand natural stone"--I never would have allowed the travertine to be "sealed". Shanti.
Try going to www.dirtygrout.com as they use that sealer quite alot, and maybe one of the guys may be able to help you.

S

Shanti

Can you post some pics..?

Attached is the after picture forum-4.jpg

D

DHTiling

I see what you mean now, it wasn't the type of haze that i thought, as in grout haze residue.

It looks like it has deffo lightened but hard to tell from the pic if it is a residue of sorts , i would contact the sealer supplier/manufacturer and ask if the sealer can effect the stone in anyway..

That brand is not one i have used or know about , so can not comment on usage... i would not say it has bloomed as after that time scale the stone should have been dry.?

Andrew above has posted a link to guys who use that product, so maybe they can offer a solution to what has happened.

S

Shanti

I see what you mean now, it wasn't the type of haze that i thought, as in grout haze residue.

It looks like it has deffo lightened but hard to tell from the pic if it is a residue of sorts , i would contact the sealer supplier/manufacturer and ask if the sealer can effect the stone in anyway..

That brand is not one i have used or know about , so can not comment on usage... i would not say it has bloomed as after that time scale the stone should have been dry.?

Andrew above has posted a link to guys who use that product, so maybe they can offer a solution to what has happened.

Thank you Dave. I will follow your suggestion. Shanti

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Haze on tumbled travertine stone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I could use some help from everyone! The floor mosaic tile was recently retiled over a tile-redi...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm currently an A-Level DT student. My project involves me making a product for my...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.