Discuss Heads up on email spam in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Just got a spam email, that's nothing new, but I'm getting more and more with no links in them and they simply want me to reply.

Hello,

How are you doing? i hope you are in perfect health. My name is Vivian, i came across your contact which really sound so interesting of you so i decided to drop a note to let you know that i am interested in you for friendship that may lead to serious relationship. Hope you will honor my invitation so that i will introduce myself to you and my picture.

I am waiting to get a reply from you,
Yours new friend
Miss Vivian.

This will probably be as it's working out which email addresses are active, and if you respond you'll find you end up on a database that gets sold thousands of times to other spammers, some of those will 'test' them again and they keep selling them on.

So just giving you the heads up, might seem harmless replying, but don't. Clearly this one is quite obviously spam but some are getting clever and are speaking actual queens english and can catch you out.

Reply to Heads up on email spam in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi all I was hoping to get your opinions / thoughts on some work done in the kitchen by the...
Replies
Views
I was hoping for some advice. I have large white tiles in my kitchen who a friend laid. I was...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Staffordshire, UK
Website
https://www.tilersforums.co.uk
What member type are you?
  1. DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Business Name
Ekthetikos / untold.media

Thread Information

Title
Heads up on email spam
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.