Discuss Hello all in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

bobajob

Hello everyone,
Sorry to introduce myself with a question but we moved into our new house last year. We now want to lift the old floor to fit the New ones. The old tiles are 9x9 and light Brown with a marble effect. Some have become loose over Time and they have been glued down with a pitch adhesive onto the concrete base.
Can anyone here who can ID asbestos advise me as to what im dealing with.
Many thanks

S

Stef

Some people ive spoken to say that if they are glued down in the first place you can pour over self leveller over the old tiles and tile ontop of the self level compond.
Has anyone here done anything similar?

If some of the tiles are loose & you pour slc onto them what's the slc going to stick to?
Sounds like the tiles are laid onto a bitumen,
Remove as much as possible, slurry coat, slc then tile.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hello all in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello Everyone, I am new to this forum and I'm looking for your experts' advice in a situation...
Replies
Views
First of all, I'm sure this question has been asked a thousand times so apologies in advance! A...
Replies
Views
Hi all New to the forum so hello, please go gentle, and let me know if I'm posting in the wrong...
Replies
Views
Hi We've knocked through our kitchen and dining room and taken up old stone/porcelain tiles in...
Replies
Views
P
Hello everyone, we are in need of some sound advice on a dilemma we cant get 100% answers to, we...
Replies
Views
paul kitchen
P
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB