Discuss Hello and Help in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Just joined the forum and hope that advice will be thrown at me.A Tiler by trade ,but been away for more years than i care to mention(when i say away, only officially as i never been able to avoid friends ,family and friends of family if you know what i mean) but i have just been informed that my place of work will close Christmas 2014,this gives me a year to retrain or go back to my trade.What i hope you guys can tell me is has the trade changed much in the past 10 years,is that to long to consider a return to the trade and finally can i make a living at it nowadays and how do i go about pricing.

Thank you all in advance

B

Bob Howard MBE

Its never too late to return back to a trade that you have trained to do. Yes things change there is always some new technology that evolves in the market place. New Legislation for being self employed. Criteria changes when working for UKMC Group (Major National Contractors) like CSCS accreditation and the requirements for health and safety knowledge. The time may be about right as the Industry slowly climbs out of the recession. Help, advise and funding is always available for training in the workforce. Good luck . Bob Howard MBE

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hello and Help in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I was hoping for some advice. I have large white tiles in my kitchen who a friend laid. I was...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am hoping I may be able to get some advice. 2 years ago we had a new kitchen fitted and...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi All So around 10 years ago (i had no idea it was that long ago until i looked up the order...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB