Discuss Hello and some definite advice please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

Justin G

Hi guys, new to the forum but have read many of the threads that are quite dated, so I thought I would take a chance and post my specific situation in the hope that I can get a definate plan to follow :smilewinkgrin:

I recently took up an old parquet floor in my hall to uncover my Victorian quarry tiles beneath. They are quite damaged so I have decided to tile over them.

I was going to use Marble but that seems inadvisable in a hallway? Polished Porcelain has been recommended so that now looks likely.

I have spent two days scraping off the bitumen layer that fixed the parquet down and now only the paint like residue, for the most part, remains.

The floor underneath seems quite flat but I may as well lay something to ensure there are no problems with damp or when tiling.

My question is what do I now put on the floor in order?

I have read about SBR, is BAL BOND SBR Primer the thing to use? And what Latex should then go on top?

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hello and some definite advice please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone. Hope you are well. I want to learn how to tile and do a fairly basic bit of...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB