Discuss Hello Everybody ! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

User212

Hi my name is james and i am 16 i am styuding tiling in a local college i an i am wondering is being at tiler a good job and good pay. I am not really botherd on the pay the thing i am botherd about is there any jobs for it. My family and freinds are saying to me that i may not get a job becouse most buissness are tiling ther selfs. I would really apreciate it if anyone can give me adivice.

• The Pay I am not that much botherd about the pay aslong as it can support myself and if i do have a family them aswell.
  • Is there alot of jobs for it This is the one that os clinging onto my mind is there alot of jobs/work for it.
  • When i am qualifyed can i than move onto diffrent countrys.
I will always accept the samllest bit of advice
Best Regards James/User212

T

Time's Ran Out

:welcome:James - change your 'handle', stick in at the tiling, become an apprentice and learn the Best Trade in the World.
You can go to university and come out without the opportunity of a job, but learn this trade and you can become the master of your own destiny.
Yes you will struggle to start up, in the early days the money is poor, but down the line you will enjoy the rewards being your own boss will provide.
At 16 you may think you have plenty of time - but it is now that can determine your future.
My son was 16 when he started and at 21 he had his own flat and by 27 a son. So if you measure success by your parents values - the boy done OK.
But the best thing is after 11 years he's more than capable of running any job we do.

To sum up - you've logged on to the Best Tilers Forum - use the information within to learn and keep involved.

Enjoy your tiling.:thumbsup:

S

Smudger

welcome to the forum

wish i was 16 again, work is tight at the mo , but dont let that put you off , get qualified , try and hook up with a pro tiler as an apprentice , i would also consider doing a plumbing course as well , time is on your side , were are you from , phone some of the local tilers up see if they want any trainees

More good advice from Nybor. Would deffo suggest trying to hook up with local tile fixer, from my experience you get a much better response speaking in person, not sending cv/letters. DOn't be afraid to stop and ask if you see someone working. If I was able to take on a trainee (hope to later in the year) I would be looking at enthusiasm, reliability, loyalty and willingness to learn rather than experience and qualifications. All things that I can judge much better face to face than a letter.

Good luck mate, there is someone local that will give you a start. But you may need to ask a lot of people to find them.

Reply to Hello Everybody ! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello! I have a dilemma, and if you could help me with advice, I would be very grateful. I am...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m not a tiler - which is why I have one in working away on my new kitchen floor! However...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Hello Everybody !
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.