Discuss Hello from a newbie in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

fat tone

Hi all

After 21 years as a civil servant (jeez...!!) and gotten nothing out of it, I decided enough was enough and decided to retrain in something I might actually like doing each day.

I trained at STC in Harlow last summer which was fantastic and then made the leap into self employment. Got tooled up and went out into the big wide world, trowel in hand, trying not to look too nervous!.

It all started off really well and got several jobs straight away though it's gone a bit quite in the last couple of months which I think is due to the time of year and current financial climate. The phone has started ringing again lately so fingers crossed.

I'm now tooled up, van ready, website online, advertising done and ready to go. I love being my own boss after so long as an office muppett!.

Cheers all

Reply to Hello from a newbie in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

H
Hi, I'm Dave, A new member to the forum. After 30 years of bricklaying in all...
Replies
Views
S
Although I've been a member for a little while I have just started reading through different...
Replies
Views
StevieBoy
S
hi guys been on the forum for a while and been a tiler since i was 16 now 26 but last 2 years i...
Replies
Views
T
Morning all, I'm Toby Yes, Toby-the-Tiler :mad2: Although i'm not strictly new to this site...
Replies
Views
T
Just saying hello to all before I say a little about myself. First and foremost I'm a plasterer...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Hello from a newbie
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks