Discuss Get Back Into Tiling ? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

Thanks, this forum is great for gaining knowledge. Everything I've searched for I've found a thread on! I think I'm gonna go for it.

MSN-Emoticon-thums-up-059.gif

Hi Joe

Sounds like my experience, I started tiling when I left school with a bathrooms company but they went bust and I didn't have enough training to start on my own, so I did other work for a few years then got back into the tiling full time for the last few years again.
It was hard work at first trying to get enough work and making ends meet, but as folk have said just make sure you do a good job, take your time, be clean while you are working and the work will come in.
I haven't advertised in Yellow pages or anything like that but I did make a website once I had done a few jobs to upload some pics. Also Twitter and Facebook are great for showing off your work to potential customers. Try an advertising campaign on Facebook, I'm very impressed with how effective it is! You can name your price you want to pay too.

As far as hours I don't know how @StevieBoy finishes so early all the time!!? :) I do Monday to Friday most weeks leaving house at 7:30 and not getting back till 6. Been doing work away 3 out of 4 Saturday's too. So busy busy but worth it!

Hope it all works out for ya mate

Hi Joe

Sounds like my experience, I started tiling when I left school with a bathrooms company but they went bust and I didn't have enough training to start on my own, so I did other work for a few years then got back into the tiling full time for the last few years again.
It was hard work at first trying to get enough work and making ends meet, but as folk have said just make sure you do a good job, take your time, be clean while you are working and the work will come in.
I haven't advertised in Yellow pages or anything like that but I did make a website once I had done a few jobs to upload some pics. Also Twitter and Facebook are great for showing off your work to potential customers. Try an advertising campaign on Facebook, I'm very impressed with how effective it is! You can name your price you want to pay too.

As far as hours I don't know how @StevieBoy finishes so early all the time!!? :) I do Monday to Friday most weeks leaving house at 7:30 and not getting back till 6. Been doing work away 3 out of 4 Saturday's too. So busy busy but worth it!

Thanks Joe

S

StevieBoy

Hi Joe

Early? What do u mean lol.

Reply to Get Back Into Tiling ? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Wall & Floor Tiler Queensland Australia Tile Right About the role Seeking a Wall & Floor Tiler...
Replies
Views
Hi I am thinking of training to gain city and guilds on weekends I’m just wondering is there...
Replies
Views
Where to get a Tiling NVQ Hi,I did the 4wk course in Warrington back in Sept, being a plasterer...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Beginner DIY Tiler, I'm contemplating drilling (with ceramic tile carbide tipped drill bits)...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Joe

TF
Newcastle upon Tyne
Business Name
JM Ceramics

Thread Information

Title
Get Back Into Tiling ?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Australia Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond