Discuss Hello from alba820 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

alba820

Grout Discolouration - The Question

Hi Folks
A newbee to the forum and joined up prior to starting a total refurb of our small en-suit shower room (timber frame bungalow).
Have taken a lot of time ensuring things prep'd and finished with care, new walls, floor, plumbing etc.
Have hit the problem of patchy discolouration of some of the grout lines on two of the walls !!!!!
The room has not yet been used and the tiles after fixing were not grouted for several days.
Bal flexible blue star white adhesive used and white bal grout to finish.
Interestingly the discolouration is on both a wall finished with mapei shower waterproofing kit and one that was not.
Substrate is green plasterboard, sealed to mapei spec all walls.
Having just checked the depth of discolouration, it seems to be in the top 1mm and I assume is bleed from the biscuit. Still to explore further.
THE QUESTION to you whizz kids: If I rake this out & re-grout, is the discolouration likely to re-occur and if so would spraying the joint with grout sealant, pre grouting, resolve the issue ?
Have found the forum to be a source of great help and ideas - many thanks to you all.

Reply to Hello from alba820 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm just saying hello. I've just joined the tile forum because I'm looking for some...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
K
Hello I thought i would stop by and introduce my self as I have a feeling im going to be...
Replies
Views
N
Hello everyone a very happy new year to you all!! It’s been a while since I last posted...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G
J
Hello. My first post. After having good search, these tiling forums are the best I have come...
Replies
Views
I

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Hello from alba820
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.