UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss hello im new to tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

martyn goddard

lol andy the tiling course was for 6 weeks just on a friday. i have learnt how to set out using the 3 4 5 methed and to set datems. I have tiled a wall and also done a circle shape in tiles i have been tought on the drying times for newly layed floors so that they can be tiled. I have replaced broken tiles for new ones and what thickness the ply should be for downstairs and upstairs for floor tiling. how much adhesive coverage of should be on a floor and wall tile . i have also learnt how to spot lips in the tiling and to rectify them.

judge

TF
Arms
hi mart ,havnt long started out myself ,best advice i can give is to get talking to as many peeps as possible about your new career you are embarking on.Get down the tiling shops ,builders merchants,decorating shopsand get in touch with all local tilers (Its good to talk) I done a course then went for the plunge on my own and for a while done a bit of anything (painting ,wallpaper hanging ,hacking plaster off walls,helping builder out etc)All ive done for 5 months now is tiling !!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to hello im new to tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm looking to tile the entirety of our small patio area with either brick slips or...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a very small area (1m.sq) on an exterior doorway entrance wall to tile. I would...
Replies
Views
Hi there. Wondering if anyone can help? We had a path laid using reclaimed quarry tiles on top...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
hello im new to tiling
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.