UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Hello, really would appreciate some advice please. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Clunk Driftwood

Self levelling compound on a ply floor.

Hi there, wondering wether I could get some advice please. I'm planning on tiling my kitchen floor. I've got an 18mm ply floor, am going to lay warmup electric UFH matting and want to lay a self levelling compound on top prior to tiling. Is there a minimum recommended thickness I want to achieve? Any advice would be appreciated. Many thanks

C

Clunk Driftwood

Thanks for all the responses. Ive got 150mm celotex under the timber floor. Would I need thermal boards on top as well. Also, timber floor is 22mm chipboard + 18mm ply. Would this need anything else before tiling? Where I've knocked through the timber floor meets a concrete floor which I'd guess will require insulating too. Could anyone tell me what would be the best detail where the floors meet? Many thanks.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hello, really would appreciate some advice please. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 45m2 of 1.2 x 1.2 Mirage 9mm floor tiles to lay. Never done this size before. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
Hi, hoping for some advice.... Had a anhydrite screed laid early Feb. Looking at laying 20mm...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.