UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Hello Tilers. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hello all,
I've been 'lurking' for a while here on the Forum but have decided the time is right to introduce myself!
I have been labouring for a plasterer mate of mine now for a couple of years, occasionally we are asked to tile the odd bathroom or kitchen. When these opportunities 'pop-up' my mate encourages me to take the lead! I have come onto the Forum for hints & tips, I have also purchased the odd book in an attempt to achieve a greater knowlege.
I'm no 'spring chicken' and although I am now reasonably trained on the 'trowel' my age and health are against me. I am considering my future at the moment and wondering if maybe I should consider tiling & painting & decorating more & plastering less????

Look forward to talking with you.
Phil

Hello and :welcome:. Can i ask , how old you are?? Aggree, plastering is hard work, but tiling is not easy also :lol:

I'm 44 now, 45 soon & have a small problem with the old 'ticker'!
Yes, plastering is tough & very physical work, my mate is 52 years old has been 'at it' 31 years and works like a dog! But his ticker is good.
I had no intention of picking up the trowel but found myself 'watching' him sweat for best part of the day, so decided to help out!

D

DHTiling

hello17.gif

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hello Tilers. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi Everyone thanks for having me on the this forum ill try not to break any rules. I am diyer...
Replies
Views
Hello to the forum! Am a homeowner and DIY tiler frustrated by my inability to find a...
Replies
Views
C
hi there, i was not sure if i should put this in find a tiler section as i was more hoping the...
Replies
Views
Unused Account 1
U
A
Hello all I’m looking for any help I can get I really want to start a new career in tiling I...
Replies
Views
A
I am looking for tilers to work in the Bristol and Bath area . Tilers must have there own van...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.