Discuss Help! Botched job in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

sam30204

I have so many areas of lipping that is so bad. I have tried to get my installer to call me back but of course he will not. I have left 20 or more messages and sent 100 + pictures. I know the lipping is cosmetic but I am worried it will continue to get worse and does it mean that the floor will come up? Does having lipping mean the floor is less sturdy? Is lipping usually just a cosmetic issue?

S

sam30204

20130620_063433.jpg 20130615_103845.jpg

S

sam30204

Tats a mess, cruelty against tiles if you ask me. As soon as you do a tile installation that's interlocked such as brick bond then it's a must that the floor is level in order to allow the tiles to follow the same plane.
I know it will not get better but with it being day 5 I guess i'm hoping it wont get any worse. Is that safe assumption? I am just worried they are going to start coming up. The feel stable and don't move they just look bad.

S

sam30204

Can you tap the tiles with a coin and listen to see if there is any noticeable difference in tone ? It should be a high note not a low one.

I found 5 tiles out the about 450 that have a different sound. Kind of hollow instead of solid compared to the rest. My husband is going to try to get those few up and clean the floor and just put new ones down. Will the lipping cause my floors to start to fall apart or come up?

S

sam30204

and is it the hollow sounding tiles that are the ones that are lipping ?

Actually no. The lipping is everywhere. My biggest worry at this point is that my floor will start to come up. Is lipping just cosmetic as ling as it feels secure to the floor? Can it have this lipping yet still be secure? I went with tiles for the security of not having to worry about these floors again.

Reply to Help! Botched job in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Article
Post a New Thread for Each Tiling Job Completed. Rather than using the Show us Your Work Thread...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB