Discuss help my house is falling down is on telly in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mikethetile

Just watched it for the first time... had mixed feelings about it.... the guy isn't a plasterer and couldn't afford to do anything else, so all credit to him... the style of reporting is quite sensationalistic/negative, like the close up of rats etc, and the outcome? Pretty but unsatisfying, the extension is still not underpinned, just left me feeling uneasy... to think if they hadn't had the program's help, thankfully they did, but they would not have had access to fancy drilling machines, drain cameras etc... so not really helpful as such... or am I just grumpy? OK I admit it, somewhat tense before my trip today... but hey, I was watching it to cheer myself up , it didn't work.... how come they left that rat skeleton where they found it and how come they didn't bleach the walls anyhow, leaving those kids in that dump? :incazzato:
dont worry about the underpinning G, the insurance company hasnt bounced the claim. they are going to monitor the movement for a couple of years and if it continues to move they will have it piled

now what concerns me is that they were able to buy a house with this extension, when you apply for planning you enter the system and each stage comes under building control and needs to be signed off by a building inspector. you can only sell the house with the extension signed off

how did it pass planning and get approvel when the houses on the site had to be piled and how did that inadequite footing ever get passed on soft ground

on the plus side they made a fantastic job of the house considering they didnt have two pennies to rub together ho hum

Reply to help my house is falling down is on telly in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, My names Fraser I have been in the motor trade for 17 years, after falling out...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
DIY Tiling; Advice for DIY Tilers So long story short, I have just purchased my first house and...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
help my house is falling down is on telly
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.