UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss HELP! Need advice on a job I've just been to look at. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I've just been to check the prep on a job I'm due to start on Saturday, my customer was supposed to be having the polypipe overlay UFH system fitted in the kitchen/utility prior to new floor being layed then new kitchen fitted. The UFH was to be fixed to the pot and beam subfloor then I specified that this was to be overlayed with 6mm backerboards then the tile was to be fixed using BAL single part fastflex ( This spec was given the ok by bal technical ).
I arrived at the job to find that the polypipe UFH had not been used, instead 38mm batons had been fixed to the pot and beam floor at 400mm centres between these batons were fitted insulating boards then foil trays for the pipes to sit in. Further insulating boards were then sat between the pipes, all this was then covered with 18mm wbp ply screwed to the batons. As soon as I stood on the floor from entering at the patio doors I could feel a fair amount of deflection, although this wasn't the case for the whole of the floor most of which was pretty solid there were areas especially at the joints of the ply were there was a serious amount of movement. I have a few solutions in mind but any suggestions would be more than welcome.:mad2:

i would tend to say dont even think about doing it if there is movement in any part of the floor ,you have explained to the customer what should be done and either they or the underfloor heating guys have not listenedto you and in my opinion ply over underfoor heating is sureley asking for problems,if you tile the floor and it goes wrong then they will blame you,you know its not right so dont do it or it could end up costly for you :thumbsdown::yikes:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to HELP! Need advice on a job I've just been to look at. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am hoping I may be able to get some advice. 2 years ago we had a new kitchen fitted and...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.