Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Help Needed! Tile and trim halfway up a window in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

GPS164

Need some help here lads,
I am a plumber by trade and although I have tiled small jobs for years I am now starting to appreciate how skilled you guys are and how bloody slow I am at tiling!
I have come across a bit of a problem, the customer wants the wall tiled to the window, (e.g. floor to ceiling from left hand of wall right over to the windows edge and finished there with a chrome trim). Unfortunately they also want the inside of the window tiled only halfway up (this means I have a problem as my trim on the tiled wall finishes at the edge of the window (won cover the tiles inside) how do i add a trim to the tiles going halfway up the window (from the sill) without it looking a right mess?)
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Neil

D

Daz

Hi Neil and welcome to the forums.

That sounds like a bit of a dog you've got there. I'd say you have a couple of options (if I've understood you correctly)....

1. Use trim for the tiles around the window reveal and skim the tiles that are up to the ceiling with grout so that they can be painted (or whatever) to match the window reveal above the tiles.

2. Use a flat "L" shaped piece of trim above the rreveal and along the top of the reveal tiles, and a normal piece of quadrant trim for the rest of the window tiles.

G

GPS164

Hi lads,

Thanks for the replies, I must admit that I am a little wet around the ears though and struggling to fully understand.

To clarify, the sill itself is being tiled and i have mitred the edge of the window (where the wall tiles finish) to the the sill itself (then the customer wants tiles inside the window on the vertical edge (with the sill and window/wall edge already mitrd together) what are my options?

Neil

Reply to Help Needed! Tile and trim halfway up a window in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Help Needed! Tile and trim halfway up a window
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.