Discuss help needed with warm XSTAT theromstat...... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

stolt

evening i need some help, i had a extension built by a ompany called glassbox, and they went under, the electrican that fitted our underfloor heating also went under. We employed a new electrician and he has since replaced our consumer unit.

The warm up XSTAT will not program, you can set but after about 20mins it shows 'time settings may be wrong, press ok'' I contacted the electrician and he hasnt been back but said he replaced it like for like on the old consumer un so cant see he's done anything wrong, Warmup are pretty useless they keep asking me to ask the electrican if he fitted a contactor, my electrician replied with ''Sorry just read email again its seems that glassbox is theory for the contactor is that the load of the mat is bigger than the thermostat ie the contactor acting as a relay so the thermostat isn't overloading its 16amp requirement I will pop to you at some point to have a look also I will speak to warm up''

I've had a look through the manual, googled it an cant find anything with that error code.

I wanted to buy the new 3iE thermostat and got talking to a shop who emailed me this....

"I've never come across this problem before & we've sold countless Xstat's. The normal reason for contactor failure, is overloading. Although the thermostat is rated to 16Amps, we strongly recommend that you do not load either the Xstat or the 3iE thermostat to the full extent of its 16A relay contact rating. It is good practise to restrict the load to 2kW~2.4kW (10A~12A). The relay is rated according to the requirements of EN 61810-1:2004 and EN60730-1 which are not representative of 'real life' applications but an arbitrary test method. Critically, relay contact life is affected by loading and at 10A~12A the contact life is more than double its life at 16A.
Providing you follow this advice & your new consumer unit doesn't suffer form excessive nuisance tripping you shouldn't experience this issue with the 3iE.''

I guess i know the answer, would replacing the thermostat sort any issues out..... anyhelp would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Reply to help needed with warm XSTAT theromstat...... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

U
Hi, I am having my new bathroom installed and have had UFH fitted under my floor tiles. My...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B
U
I hope somebody can offer us some advice. We had an extension built last spring and have been...
Replies
Views
D
Got me thinking the other day whether its worth having all these modern methods of communication...
Replies
Views
K
I was meant to start a bathroom refit on Monday as arranged with the customer. So I phoned up to...
Replies
Views
kendo1
K
P
Hi Any advice would be most appreciated. Last April we had a lovely conservatory fitted. Our...
Replies
Views
mikethetile
M

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
help needed with warm XSTAT theromstat......
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.