Discuss Help - not sure if tiling is acceptable or not in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

guess1

Hi everyone,

I'd really appreciate it if anyone could feedback on the tiling I've just had done and if it looks acceptable to you or not.

The tiles in question are porcelain 300x600 for the walls with 600x600 for the floor, they have been tiled into a brand new bathroom, so no removal of tiles or anything like that was required - direct onto the plasterboard.

Firstly, I had gone to the trouble of putting together a tiling plan so the tiler could see where I wanted the tiles and pattern etc, this was only partially followed. Not the end of the world but I thought that would be followed or at least I'd be told before they put the tiles on the wall. So not a great start.

The main issue I've got is the inconsistent gaps between the tiles in some places and where some stick out from the wall further than others (lipping I believe you call it)? I've attached a few images to give you an idea of what I'm talking about and would really appreciate any feedback. I don't think this looks like a proper finish but am I being too picky?

Thanks in advance. Richard

DSC_4241.jpg DSC_4242.jpg DSC_4243.jpg DSC_4244.jpg DSC_4245.jpg DSC_4246.jpg DSC_4247.jpg DSC_4248.jpg DSC_4249.jpg DSC_4250.jpg DSC_4251.jpg DSC_4252.jpg

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
You already know the answer as to whether this is acceptable Richard. You are quite right to get the opinions from the guys on here. They will not lie to you, neither will I.

That is truly shocking, When you say a new bathroom, I presume either in new build or an extension. Either way the walls would, and should, have been pretty good order, as in flat ready to tile to, so there are no excuses.

Just to repeat, I hope you haven't parted with any of your hard earned cash. That quality is not worthy of payment in my opinion. It cannot be rectified without removing and starting again. Depending on what adhesive has been used, probably tubbed, then the full tiles may be re-usable.

Was this actually carried out by a tiler or a builder?

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Hi Richard and welcome to TF, sorry to say this but "saddlebag ceramics have struck again" this guy is no tiler, the cuts fit where they touch, and the overall job is pathetic. Did this cowboy have a white stick and a Labrador by any chance? I hope you havn't paid him yet, and hope you get it sorted. This kind of work makes my blood boil, there are very good fixers sat at home with no work because of chancers like this.:mad2:

D

DHTiling

Hi Richard and welcome to TF, sorry to say this but "saddlebag ceramics have struck again" this guy is no tiler, the cuts fit where they touch, and the overall job is pathetic. Did this cowboy have a white stick and a Labrador by any chance? I hope you havn't paid him yet, and hope you get it sorted. This kind of work makes my blood boil, there are very good fixers sat at home with no work because of chancers like this.:mad2:

Other guide dogs are available :lol:

Hi Richard, as everyone on here has stated the work is a disgrace and not at all acceptable. The person you employed to carry out this work definitely wasn't a tiler.
Did you ask to see any of this persons previous work before you he created this abomination. In respect of tiling you should always ask to see someone's previous work beforehand. A bad tiling job isn't something that's easy or cheap to put right.

C

charlie1

Hi Richard, as everyone on here has stated the work is a disgrace and not at all acceptable. The person you employed to carry out this work definitely wasn't a tiler.
Did you ask to see any of this persons previous work before you he created this abomination. In respect of tiling you should always ask to see someone's previous work beforehand. A bad tiling job isn't something that's easy or cheap to put right.

I didnt say it was a disgrace! Also, do you know who done it to know that he was not a tiler??

Reply to Help - not sure if tiling is acceptable or not in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour I'll be working with some pinkish matt...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB