Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Help Please, Glass mosaic is a trim needed? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

glasgow

Hi guys!

Currently doing up a house and we are having the shower tiled by a recommended tiler at the end of the week. We are using glass mosaic tiles and Ive bought enough trim to go round the edge as told by the mechant.

Tiler is saying he doesnt need it with mosaic and would never bother fitting it as it means the last tile cannot stick properly onto the wall due to the thickness of the trim. Says he will just grout round instead - can someone advise if this is right?

Last edited by a moderator:
G

glasgow

Just a thought, you say it's in a shower, within an enclosure ? if so, wouldn't it but against the frame ?

\a few more details maybe needed.

Hi Alan!

Thanks for the welcome and advice so far... ;)

The frame isnt up yet so not sure how it will fit exactly. But its a bog standard 900x900 quad enclosure + middle slide door, we've fitted the base but have not fitted the frame yet, so not sure what distance will be between end of tiles start of frame, perhaps a couple of mm. I would imagine the frame would sit on top and before the edge of the tiles - I hope!!! cant imagine any other way.

What were you thinking would butt against, the edge of the trim? Im not sure about this = thinking i need to visit a shop and look to ease confusion.

G

glasgow

hello,topps sell mosaic trim desingned so it doesnt push the last peice of mosaic proud:thumbsup:

Hi mate, do you know what that might be called, I could only see normal curved and flat homelux stuff on my visit today, nothing advertising that feature?

Personally I would prefer w/out trim but worried that the grout may seperate or steam may collect and work its way down the back of the tiles over time - really worried about this.

T

Time's Ran Out

If you want the trim used to finish off the edge then your tiler would be able to measure the finishing position of the mosaic, fix the trim and skim over an area of 30-40cm and no 'kick' will be noticed on the last piece of tile.
Check to make sure the trim will not be visible through the glass mosaic.
Use the same colour/finish trim as the shower frame and the edge will 'blend in' rather than 'stick out'.
The trim will frame off the tiled area and give you something to seal up against if your concerned about water ingress.

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
Genesis Aluminium Mosaic Square Trim (EAM) - TrimTraders - Suppliers of quality tile trims,tools, and adhesives to the ceramic tile industry

this is a genesis one,i used one similar from topps,,the edging was wafer thin stopping the last mosaic lipping out,this one also allows you to remove one side if a stop end is needed

Reply to Help Please, Glass mosaic is a trim needed? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Evening, Hope this post is in the correct section. If not, please feel free to move! I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi, it's my first time here and I'm desperate to solve this problem. Can someone please tell me...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Help Please, Glass mosaic is a trim needed?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.