Discuss Help Please UFH - Mosaic Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

newpark7

Hi everyone I haven't posted for a while but need advice please.

I have been asked to quote on installing customers own UFH heat mat (B&Q) and tiling the floor with Mosaics. As I have not had much to do with Mosacis before and never on the floor. My questions are: -

1) Can you use Mosaics for floor tiling and are they compatible with UFH?
2) Would it be best to lay a latex compound over the matt before tiling? the customer has laid backer boards over a timber floor (upstairs En-suite).
3) Any tips on laying Mosaics on to floor Mosaic trowel or normal? recommended adhesive etc?

Any help greatly appreciated as always.

Newpark7

R

Rich

Are they stone, ceramic or glass mosaics? I have come across glass mosaics that are not suitable for floors, just be aware. As David said above, it is very important to get the floor totally flat before tiling so slc is a must over the heat mat. Apart from that it is really just a case of taking your time with it, might be worth thinking about using a standard setting adhesive rather than a rapid.

R

Rich

It depends on what adhesive you will be using, try to use the same manufacturer. Best bet would be to ask when you get the adhesive what slc they would suggest, make sure you tell them that it is for ufh and will be tiled with mosaics.

If the mosaics turn out to be glass, Id get the number of the supplier from the customer and give them a ring just make sure that they are suitable, never hurts to make sure.:thumbsup:

Reply to Help Please UFH - Mosaic Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone.....im new to the forum and I'm looking for some help and advice please. I tiled a...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Help Please UFH - Mosaic Tiles
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.