Discuss help please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

TomTrundle

Hi The tiles in my shower room were always a bit live, I also have subsidence problem as you will see in image. Subsidence is now taken care of but want to retile my wall My tiles were originally stuck to plasterboard which was NAILED to the wall.. So apart from the obvious poor practise what should l do to make good? Space is a real issue here so l dont want to bring the wall out too much. Is there a board l can screw to the wall which l can tile on that is not too thick? Screw 18mm wpb ply to wall... ? ( I'd rather not as its too thick) Any solutions would be gratefully received. The other walls are stud.

Tom
Tile.jpg

T

TomTrundle

OK so wall is going to be rendered after its fixed.
Im going to rip the lot out and start again. (leave bare studs and floor joists)
Not going to bother with UFH.
Its a small wet room.
Starting with the floor, thought l would use 18mm wpb ply
Screw marmox to all the walls/studs.
What would you suggest with regards to tanking procedure?
New to this..
Your help would be greatly appreciated
Tom

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to help please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
O
    • Informative
    • Winner
so I'm currently undertaking a project at the moment with 1800 x 800 x 10mm Florim porcelain...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
W
I will be doing full bathroom renovation, and the plan is to build a walk in shower due to the...
Replies
Views
Paul Bleasdale
P
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB