UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss help required in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

charlie1

I have a 2m x 4m bathroom. There is going to be a wetroom former at one end. I also want electric underfloor heating installed. The subfloor is a suspended timber floor boards. Whats the best way to go about this, I advised tanking the shower area, and reinforce floor, adding noggins and replacing floor boards with 25mm ply then over laying 6mm cemment board, then heat mat then slc then tile?? Not usually something i deal with and want to ensure the correct prep is done as i have serious doubts about the builder who is project managing, he says i wont need to envelope the tiles in the former as its an "novolinni". We all know tiles dont bend so need to see exactly what he is talking about?? anyone heard of this? I will be tiling with polished porc tile. Does my prep sound ok?

S

Smudger

AFter ply, as long as there is no movement and all joints are supported, I always tank with dura wp overlapping tray by 100mm and up base of wall. Then lay ufh on mebrane and tile. If the ply is solid then I don't think the 6mm board is necessary. I also seal all edges and underneath of ply prior to fixing in case of residual moisture later (many plumber now use speedfit running under the floor and the have a habit of failing). Not had any problems so far.

Oh, and don't forget to check the levels of floor, ideally everything running slightly to shower, definitely no fall to walls or corners.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to help required in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
I have a customer who lives in a 200 year old property. The lounge floor he wants tiled which...
Replies
Views
I am sure someone will know a good practice solution. We started a wetroom last year and then...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.