Discuss Help restoring a terracotta tiled floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

dafydd

Good evening guys,

Im after some advice, i have just moved into a new home (a 20 year old barn conversion)
The flooring that is in the kitchen are terracotta tiles, which have been waxed for years with trafficwax.
Unfortunately the previous owner... my mother in law has sprayed some cillit bang on the floor which appears to of stained it. Im looking at stripping it back and re waxing.
Ive tried LTP Grimex heavy duty grime remover, and followed the instructions but this has only just dented the problem. Is there any thing more abrasive i can use. Any advice from the experts would be welcome

Cheers Dafydd

D

DHTiling

Good evening guys,

Im after some advice, i have just moved into a new home (a 20 year old barn conversion)
The flooring that is in the kitchen are terracotta tiles, which have been waxed for years with trafficwax.
Unfortunately the previous owner... my mother in law has sprayed some cillit bang on the floor which appears to of stained it. Im looking at stripping it back and re waxing.
Ive tried LTP Grimex heavy duty grime remover, and followed the instructions but this has only just dented the problem. Is there any thing more abrasive i can use. Any advice from the experts would be welcome

Cheers Dafydd

Grimex is not enough for it..

Can you provide some pics..? The cillit bang has more than likely just as mentioned above removed some surface grime/wax build up..

D

dafydd

IMG_0284.jpg IMG_0283.jpg IMG_0282.jpg IMG_0285.jpg

I hope these can be seen.

Look forward to the advise
Dafydd

M

Marble Life Ltd

Good evening guys,

Cheers Dafydd

Dafydd

As I mentioned in my previous post you need to completely strip the floor using Aqua Mix Sealing & Coating Remover and Aqua Mix Heavy Duty Tile & Grout Cleaner. Then allow the floor to thoroughly dry (around 48 Hours). Then my choice would be to apply a penetrating enhancing sealer such as Aqua Mix Enrich and Seal or LTP Colour Enhancing Sealer. The Aqua Mix is better but it's also a lot more expensive so the choice needs to be yours. Do a small area first as a test . Pick the dirtiest tile or the worst to conduct a test area with the whole process to make sure it meets your expectations.

KM
MLL

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Help restoring a terracotta tiled floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello everyone, new to the forum, nice to meet you. A tiler recommended to bring this question...
Replies
Views
A long post and not tiling but I hope someone can help, I'm trying to get some decent...
Replies
Views
B
Hi, I am a old forum member from several years ago who has just signed up again. Like many...
Replies
Views
Blunt Tool
B
Hi All, I urgently need some advice and not sure where to turn. We are having some major...
Replies
Views
Rookery
R
H
Hi all. I've got a job with these fore-mentioned terracotta floor tiles and wondering which...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Help restoring a terracotta tiled floor
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.