Discuss help sticking matting down in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tiling Padawan

first time poster so be gentle

on some of our tiling jobs we are asked to install ufh cable matting, so we always recommend levelling floor compound but the "self adhesive" matting always lifts off when the compound is poured over.

on wood floors i use a staple gun on the matting (not the cables!) and duct tape around the edges to help it stick but in some cases still lifts. i just use tape on concrete floors.

any advice?

U

Uheat - Keith

As Stewart and nybor62 above.
Plus different methods work for different people & jobs.

Always good where ever possible to make sure your base is clean, clear and dust free.
The staple gun is a new one on me, but I can see that working on the wood floors and quick too.
Double sided tape, duct tape, gaffer tape all good.
The hot melt glue gun is in our Manual for our loose cable DM10, and can be used with Mats.

Reply to help sticking matting down in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi I asked the Wunda technical department if I can just use a Ditra mat only and not the SLC...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I’m ripping out a failed existing tiled floor. Tiles had not been back buttered so...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi All So around 10 years ago (i had no idea it was that long ago until i looked up the order...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
help sticking matting down
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.