Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Help With new Job Please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Graham Bright

Hi Guys,

Got a job on for a couple of wetrooms. I have attached a couple of pictures. The builder is putting in the trays and doing the underfloor heating so I just do the tiling. I think he said they were Maxxus trays if that makes sense.

There seems to be no fall lines on the trays to work to. Anyone got any experience with these at all?

Also, in one of the rooms they are putting down thermal substrate boards. How are there fixed to the concrete and are they laid diagonally with staggered joints?

Lastly, they have requested a couple of rows of glass tiles which are smokey black. Do I just use white addy for this so the addy dont show through in the light.?

Any help would great chance.

Attachments

• SDC10132.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 53
  • SDC10138.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 54
  • SDC10147.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 53
Y

Yorkshire Tiling Services

Hi Guys,

Got a job on for a couple of wetrooms. I have attached a couple of pictures. The builder is putting in the trays and doing the underfloor heating so I just do the tiling. I think he said they were Maxxus trays if that makes sense.

There seems to be no fall lines on the trays to work to. Anyone got any experience with these at all?

Also, in one of the rooms they are putting down thermal substrate boards. How are there fixed to the concrete and are they laid diagonally with staggered joints?

Lastly, they have requested a couple of rows of glass tiles which are smokey black. Do I just use white addy for this so the addy dont show through in the light.?

Any help would great chance.

Wetdecs put a good post about tiling to wet trays if you have a look,
check back of glass tiles,they should be covered in a film, make sure you trowel wall & solid bed,
Thermal boards - are these for underfloorheating ?

G

Graham Bright

Yeah I see the wetdecs post it was great and I think it was actually posted for my benefit after my last wetroom forum LOL. Not sure what to do if there are no visable fall lines on the tray but Ill have another look.

Yeah the thermal boards are for UFH. THe builder is putting them down but I am going to help and I wanted to make sure they go down right. I know with a lot of floors they say to lay them diagonally to the room and stagger. Wondered if these were the same and how to fix them to the screed. This is more for my knowledge as I am sure the guy knows what he is doing.

He just gets me to do the tiling as I have worked with him lots before and I try and learn other things like the UFH and boarding while I am with him.

G

Graham Bright

Preformed trays have the falls built into them, have you tested them with a level? You dont buy a tray and then build your own falls into it, that would be a wasted exercise.

Thermal substrate boards, do you mean thermal insulation boards? If so these are fixed on a broken bond.

Are you tiling the walls? if so why has he plastered them?

:thumbsup:

I realise the fall is built into the tray but there seems to be no lines for me to work to when enveloping the tiles or am I missing something ?

The invoice says thermal substrate boards apparantly, I added a piccy of one.

The wall before just had bonding on them and it was weak. So we got a plaster in to skim them. Why matey?

G

Graham Bright

Cheers mate. When I spoke to the plasterer earlier he said he got rid of all the rubbish, filled the gaps and then skimmed. The walls in this room only have 300x200 ceramic tiles going on them and a row of thin glass. The floor has 660x300 porcelain down.

Very good point though mate re bonding. Although he is a good spread and has always done a good job for me, so I kind of have to keep trusting :thumbsup::thumbsup:

K

kiwi Mark

Hi mate have just completed a wet room floor of which I have done plenty and have never had any problems.This was a lux tray which I had never used before .On first inspection the plumber and I both commented on the lack of fall compared to others weve installed (impey wedi etc).It was installed with underfloor heating underneath and mosaic tiles anyway you know whats coming the customer went to use it and the water is slowly backing up and running out the front glass panel, not enough fall on tray:mad2::mad2:. Have now got meeting on site with supplier and rep and just heard today that Im not the only one with this problem. Hope this helps be wary

Reply to Help With new Job Please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Post a New Thread for Each Tiling Job Completed. Rather than using the Show us Your Work Thread...
Replies
Views
Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi guys. My son, 16, not enjoying school or college has been working with me for a bit of money...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Help With new Job Please
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.