Discuss help with pricing 60m2 of 450x450 porcelain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Matthew77

Hi guys,

I'm used to doing small domestic floors, but recently went to price up 60m2 of fired earth Umbria limestone porcelain floor tiles 450x450's and have no idea how long this will take me or how much to price for? With the 50 m2 room I should be able to get some nice big areas down quick as it'll have alot of full tiles compared to cuts.

Its 3 areas the main area being being 46 m2, W.C 3m2 and another 10m2 all joined.

I can normally work small floors out on how long I think they will take but this is by far the biggest floor I would have ever done (Biggest so far was 20 m2 of 5 pattern porcelain) Its onto an old concrete floor that looks pretty flat (if its not then I'll self level as an extra)

What sort of price would you all be looking at to fix these tiles without materials?

Thank you
Matt

T

Time's Ran Out

Mathew - if they are the tiles I think they are, you will find them extremely hard to cut straight and I believe they are 15mm thick.
For 60 metres I'd be more competitive than for your normal price as you will not be estimating for another 3/4 jobs, no travelling and therefore more time on that job.
Other issues to look at will be movement joints between the areas, bonding of the joints and as you have pointed out the suitability of the old floor.

Good luck.

Reply to help with pricing 60m2 of 450x450 porcelain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
help with pricing 60m2 of 450x450 porcelain
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.