Discuss Help with pricing in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

simmy08

Hi. I have just completed this job.Customers im happy to add were very pleased. It is polished marble which i graded from 12 to 22mm in thickness.
The Doorsteps had to be stripped of existing tiles, flattened, little render and primed.
The edges were polished, chamfer edge polished and sealed twice.
The grooves were done with the d24000 (what a cutter!!)

I had never worked with marble before but knew all the theory. I just want to know what other guys would be charging for this kind of work as my price was out but partly because i was real slow taking my time to make a job of it.
Thanks

Attachments

• P1000363new.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 48
  • P1000359new.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 48
  • P1000360new.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 47
  • P1000365new.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 48
  • P1000355new.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 42
  • P1000358new.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 43
S

simmy08

thanks yeh it took me a week so should be a nice job.Yeh its the same house,front and back steps.well i priced £400 andh tought it would take me 3.5 days. i would have been spot on with that guesstimate but i forgot to include polishing edges, dismantle and reiinstall the handrail and time to size the stone. i also had to buy a 8mm marcrist to drill the marble for handrial as i as paranoid i would crack using a hammer dril and masonary bit.
yeh its probably the most challenging job to date i have done in terms of putting theory to practice,putting up with untrustworthy customers and just general hardness for me.
so what woud everyone else be charging?

Reply to Help with pricing in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone. I'm really hoping you all can help as I am at my wits end. We have hired...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi all, new here and I need some desperate help. Recently got my dad to tile my kitchen...
Replies
Views
hi, i am a virtually retired tiler (58), legs back hips etc etc. a friend carpenter (65) has...
Replies
Views
I've gone cross-eyed reading threads on here trying to work out how to get my bathroom ready to...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Help with pricing
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.