Discuss Help: YOUR OPINION is needed. We need your input on what tile drills sizes you need!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

brinkley

Re: Help: YOUR OPINION is needed. We need your input on what tile drills sizes you ne

richard what i have found with the plastic template is that it eats into the template no matter how slow i go would a better template be the same thing but made of a more robust material or suckers you put on the tile so the guide is higher hence the diamond core not touching the plastic and not eating into it

D

Deleted member 1779

Re: Help: YOUR OPINION is needed. We need your input on what tile drills sizes you ne

template be the same thing but made of a more robust material

We have had comments that the diamond cores wear away the (plastic) drill plate. This was never supposed to be an issue but it seems the drills last longer that they are supposed to. In effect the lifespan of the product is too good !

So the longer you use the drill bits the more you wear the guide plate.

Couple of things about that. If anyone ever needs a spare always email me and I will send to you.
In the box kit we will add extra plates (about three plates) so hopefully there will be more life.

Finally we urge everyone to use the plate for a few seconds only to start the hole then remove it - the core doesnt need the plate to drill the hole.

br3a.jpg

Remove plate as quickly as possible when drilling

br4a.jpg

When the hole is this deep

br6a.jpg

The drill will slot into the socket

br2a.jpg

Then grab a water cooling sponge and get it underneath the diamond core drill bit
to collect all the tile dust AND to cool it

Reply to Help: YOUR OPINION is needed. We need your input on what tile drills sizes you need!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
A
Hello All, I posted back in September and you were all very helpful with your advice on what to...
Replies
Views
Dumbo
D
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
D
Do you need to drill holes in very hard porcelain tiles? Do you want to do it with ease, using...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
D
Busy this week? Why not come and see us in Devon. We will be giving visitors a sneek look at...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Help: YOUR OPINION is needed. We need your input on what tile drills sizes you need!!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.