Discuss hernia .. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Been there.done it. A word to the wise, if you don't mind. If you have the choice go for the keyhole operation its much less of a convalescence time. I had the other sort where they cut through several layers of skin/fat/lining/muscle/etc etc, repair the hernia (split in your stomach). Then they stitch each layer from the inside out. you end up with what looks like a finger buried in your stomach.............and mate the pain is not good, trust me. Good luck.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Just realised that obviously there is different types of hernia. You said stomach so I assumed it was the same as mine "inguinal" hernia. Very common in men, and the good news is if you get one your more likely to get another on the corresponding side!!. See its not just tillers that have OCD about things being balanced. God is just as bad.[/QUOTE

Its sn umbilical hernia just above the navel. .

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
Had the Op about 2 years ago.........keyhole surgery, bit of mesh sewn in. Still feels like a sizeable lump.

Your'll old man will be out and about for all to see. :)

Get yourself a truss........it really does help. I got a double hernia truss from fleabay because I had also heard that if you get one.......Your'll bound to get another.

Have Fun...........:)

Oh....and when you have the op. Don't sneeze whatever you do. It bloody hurts.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Had the Op about 2 years ago.........keyhole surgery, bit of mesh sewn in. Still feels like a sizeable lump.

Your'll old man will be out and about for all to see. :)

Get yourself a truss........it really does help. I got a double hernia truss from fleabay because I had also heard that if you get one.......Your'll bound to get another.

Have Fun...........:)

Oh....and when you have the op. Don't sneeze whatever you do. It bloody hurts.

How long did you have to have off work after the opp..

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to hernia .. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
I was quoted over £4700 (inclusive of VAT) to rip out and replace my bathroom. This does not...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB