Discuss Hi all.... in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

UKDAVE

Hi guys
just checking out this forum as I hope to become a tiler in the near future after redundancy from my previous job. I have been lucky to job shadow a full bathroom fit from start to finish and hope to do some more job shadowing in the future. I will be starting a 4 week course on Monday ( I know you guys don't rate them but it's funded so I don't have to pay and it will give me a chance to start tiling in a relaxed environment without having any customer pressure/deadlines etc. I am completely new to this game though but am very motivated and am hoping to go self employed around next April. If anyone is able to offer any sound advice in all aspects of tiling it would be very much appreciated.
Thanks guys!!!

U

UKDAVE

Thanks, that's good to know! Maybe il stick to splash backs to start with? Btw I like your website, I notice a lot of tilers do not seem to have sign written vans, websites or do much in the way of advertising. Maybe they are busy enough without it but I think it gives a better impression to the customer and added confidence in your work before a single tile has gone down. It's definately something I will invest in in the future.

T

Time's Ran Out

Welcome to the forum Dave.
Not sure how a sign written van is going to give a customer confidence in your work, but you do only get 1 chance to make a first impression.
The tiling course will provide a good taster to see if you like this type of work but it will be very basic and I doubt if you will be making a wage for a couple of years. Unfortunately there is not much in the way of training available just now so it's possibly your only way.
Enjoy.

U

UKDAVE

A sign written van might not but it could generate interest when a nosey neighbours spot it on next doors drive then google's the company website to see the quality of work you have previously carried out.
Why would it take several years to make a wage ? I'm well aware that I won't be busy initially but would this mainly be down to lack of experience to take on big jobs, slow speed of work again due to inexperience and wanting to get it right first time or a combination of both and other factors???

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hi all.... in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hello all I am new here so I hope that I can post this here. I am a tile contractor in Denver...
Replies
Views
Hi, I had my house tiled almost two years ago. The tiles themselves were not the best quality...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, new to the forum and after some advice if possible. Without boring you with my life...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm getting towards the end of a major renovation that has taken 4+ years so don't...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB