Discuss hi ,any advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

CB TILING

I have just measured 160 yrds off floor .The screed was 4-6 inches in places in depth and was power floated in.the screed is only 4 weeks old.Now i know the recommended drying times and the proper way to prepare this floor.But despite my advice the customer is still wanting me to proceed with the tiling now.I was going to walk away from this job but the customer has came back to me and said if i draw up a disclaimer saying i have advised them that the floor is not ready to be tiled on they will sign it.Does this cover me ,do disclaimers mean anything or will it still come back to me.I have spoke to reps in northern ireland to see if they hav any products they would stand over in this case that i could use but they will not stand over any of their products if the screed is not fully cured.Any advice welcomed

D

DHTiling

Hello and welcome...

In a court of law a discalimer will not stand up, as a tradesman you know it is wrong to tile it as it is without it being fully cured.. the screed needs to shirink and curl as it cures and tiling straight to it too early can result in failure.

There are a few options on the market that will help you tile it with peace of mind.. IMO the best option is to un-couple the tiles from the substrate with a membrane like Dural CI, this will cope with vapour equalisation allowing moisture in the screed to vaporise i n the channels of the Dural CI.

It will also cope with any stress created as the screed dries , thus will prevent de-lamination or tenting of the install ..

So for a small additional cost it will be peace of mind to you as a fixer and to the customer as they will have faith in your work etc.

I would put this option to them and see what they say... after all they also do not want a failure and would like a long lasting tiled floor..

Reply to hi ,any advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
HI, Walls are prepped, have the right materials and tools, but still debating the layout on...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
E
So I'm having trouble with a customer relating to grout (Bal Micromax) I have tiled 70 sq...
2 3 4 5 6
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
hi ,any advice
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.