Discuss Hi career change or not? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Minty913

:welcome:Minty - Get the best pension deal you can from the Army before you make the decision to leave. This job has no guarantees for continuity of work so if you have no financial worries you will be able to ride the quiet times and enjoy this trade.
Take your time and Good Luck.

Thanks John

It’s a hard decision to make & I think will take some time.

People always say it must be hard in training but I think the hard part isleaving.

Would be easier if the job was rubbish but it’s far from it lol

The quiet times are what I’m worried about I have 3 boys sowill need a decent income but at the same time there one of the reasons I amthinking of leaving

Minty

T

Time's Ran Out

Minty - my dad has 3 sons and he worked at a desk all his life to provide for his family and that was his life!
When he retired at 57 he came and worked with me and he was like a kid with a new toy. Because he had a full pension he was able to enjoy that time and now at 87 he still has a great outlook for his family.
My son has worked with me for the last 11 years and that's my life!
You have to enjoy your life and your kids will enjoy the life you provide for them - Amen.

M

Minty913

Well said john,

This is why I’m looking for a change I am away from myfamily far too much. My oldest is 10 and he said he wanted to join up it got methinking in 6 years he could be in training in 8 years he would be on the frontline with me. So I’m hoping to go self employed and give him other optionsinstead of the services.

Thanks every one for all your advice and support its givingme allot to think about

Minty

Reply to Hi career change or not? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I am thinking of training to gain city and guilds on weekends I’m just wondering is there...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm really sorry to bore Many of you. I didn't want to hijack another post. I'm 42 good...
Replies
Views
Hi Just after any advice on starting up as a tiler , same old stuck in a dead end boring job...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Pleasure to meet you all. I’m after some help/advice please. After working in the...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Hi career change or not?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.