Discuss Hi everyone , I'm looking for a little advice in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Yous are too funny, I'm a newby, I can see how you get into a lot of trouble on this forum lol

Brian has been known to show some very racy pics on here as his alter ego :censored:

Everything about the fixing of the tiles is wrong and he shouldn't carry on fixing. He clearly has no idea about preparation, substrates, adhesives etc.

I

Ian

So just to round up on conclusion, the normal plasterboard s not strong enough to support the tile, you are not supposed to tile on paint and you def need to fix the holes before sticking a tile on it . How much is the going rAte for stripping the tiles off and putting on 31 tiles plus a small border of about 13 tiles ?

That's pretty much it. We don't discuss pricing in the open forums, you'll have to do that via PM or, advertise the job in the correct forum if you wish to get quotes. Let me know if that's what you wish to do and I'll help out if needed.

B

Bubblecraft

Yes I do need a quote then, though I will still owe the tiler for stripping the tiles and putting up plaster board on the other wall, but I expect they would need to see it first b4 quoting me .

- - - Updated - - -

Can I ask what is wrong with tiling on painted walls ?

Put some blue tack on a painted wall & pull it off & you will see why.

Did your "Tiler" not give you a detailed quote? This price should be visible so you know exactly what everything costs

Reply to Hi everyone , I'm looking for a little advice in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi Everyone. I'm after some advice with regard large format Tiles with water fed underfloor...
Replies
Views
Tiberiu Curelaru
T
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB