UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Hi everyone, just found this forum - I have great hopes! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

faithhealer

Hi Guys

It's me back again. I took the issue up again, but the Conservatory guys insist they are right and will not budge. What I need now is an expert opinion based on actual examination. I MAY need to use it in court. Naturally I will pay for the examination and report. I cannot guarantee work from it as you realise.

Is anyone prepared to do it please? I am at Fiskerton, near Lincoln.
please pm Dave and ask if he knows anyone in your area

D

Deleted member 1779

Just looking at the photos you can see that its a poor job.

17486d1284374471-hi-everyone-just-found-forum-i-conservatory-floor-004.jpg

I wonder if you took them to the small claims court and even used the photos on their own as evidence that a magistrate would from the photo evidence presented rule in your favour.

T

Time's Ran Out

not good at all plus i think they could have mixed the different colours of tiles better imo

Depends who supplied the tiles and in what quantity - sometimes you have to work with the quality of materials supplied by a customer, and as this was not one of the thread starters issues I'am not sure how relevant the mix of boxed 'Wickes' marble is in this instance. (I stand corrected if they another material)
One of the wider edge joints in pic 16/17 (against the timber) would again not be that important in the set up of the whole job IMO and only becomes a point of attention because of the other well noted faults.

A

Alberta Stone

Very true John.
The little imperfections which would have been acceptable become a big deal when there are such glaring errors and defects such as indicated.
Almost all rooms to be tiled are designed without any consideration for tiles and so fitting tiles into said spaces can be challenging to find the best balance.
Often I go over a job with a client to find which feature is most important as if it is laid one way it looks correct here yet improper there and vice versa.

But these collection of issues look like a re-tiling job is the only correction.
Another example of if you are going to do a job in stone then do it proper the first time.

P

peckers

View attachment 22544
No disrespect to the home owner, but I thought at first well maybe the job can be saved with some judicious diamond grinding as I have done this for clients in the past on horrible lippage problems they were left with, but looking at the other issues I realized that was not realistic.
This was my first thought too and the company could have footed the bill but after seeing the second lot off pictures i have changed my mind as its a bad job full stop.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hi everyone, just found this forum - I have great hopes! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there, I’m not an experienced tradesperson by any means, so wanted to pose a question on...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Hi everyone, just found this forum - I have great hopes!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.