Discuss Hi Everyone. Please Help Me Stay Married. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

SB4U

Hi. I'm Steve. I'm a keen but not neccessarily competent DIYer. My wife hates me DIYing because jobs take so long to complete due to the amount of research I do. She also thinks I only do it because I'm tight but I think the real reason is because I'm a control freak. (Although I am also a bit tight to be honest!)

I'm currently working on our en-suite shower room so have been spending more time on this forum that anywhere else. It's been a mammoth project so far and has taken MONTHS to get to the stage I am now, a blank canvas nearly ready for tiling. I really need to crack on with it or my wife's jokes about divorce might get more serious. And I could really do without getting divorced as I've aged so much worse than she has so am punching above my weight already.

The knowledge I've gained from here has been invaluable and I'm a bit embarrassed at how little I actually knew previously. In fact, I'm now a bit surprised that the tiles I've fixed in the past have stayed put!. But now, thanks to you, I'm feeling good about this current project.

I've got some questions about tanking that I'll try to post later so please keep a look out. :)

Thanks for having me.

Steve

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

the answer is easy and it might help the two of you over come your problems right you may need to sit down but there could be a fair bit of danger in that for you if you fall off the chair so i suggest lying flat on the floor before i start .now i have dealt with this same problem before .and saved a marriage .and changed the mind of a tight *** .so how did i do this .well the husband took a week off work to do the bathroom .i turned up after the wife left .and went before she came home .so he spent the day playing computer games watching football going down the pub having a great time .while i tiled the bathroom .wife comes home he is cleaning his tools and cleaning .she loved the bathroom he is my hero .
he said i did not know spending money could be so much fun .every one a winner and i got a bounes ;)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Many thanks for your welcoming words. I've posted my first question in the Tanking Forum so please be gentle with me. Shower Room Tanking Advice Please

I tried to upload some photos with it too but it kept erroring. Might try again later. Is there a file size limit or something?

Steve
100mb I think

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hi Everyone. Please Help Me Stay Married. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone. I'm really hoping you all can help as I am at my wits end. We have hired...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi all I was hoping to get your opinions / thoughts on some work done in the kitchen by the...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
Hi there I’m new to Tile Forum and joined to get professional opinions because I really need...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB