UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Hi from another want to be tiler in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

romey

Firstly let me say hello and say what great site you guys have I have just joined today to get some advise I'm looking into training as a tiler my long term goal is to move to OZ and become a tiler out there. I currently have a secure job which Ive been doing for over 7 years but this job wont get me to OZ.

Ive been looking on the net over the last 2 days and there are so many courses I just dont know where to start I dont want waste my time and money on courses that I dont need. If I want move out to OZ I'll need to have least 12 months job experence after i finish training so i must get on the right course so I can land a part time job as tiler. I currently work 6 days on and 4 days off so have the time do some sort of part course can anybody offer any advise and even if i dont make it to OZ at least I'll have a trade under my belt. I'm based in Leicester so courses around the Leicester area would be good.

R

romey

Thanks for the reply's back and re the Oz thing I've been doing some digging and the 12 month timescale might be wrong getting different advise from different people so not to sure where I stand. However as I said it's trade under my belt what our the job prospects like in England at the moment for a tiler if I did I would only do casual work due to my full time job which I don't want to give up but I do have 4 days off after working a set of 6 days. Would it still be worth doing a tiling course?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hi from another want to be tiler in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
L
I would like some advise. We booked a tiler for a new build with quite a lot of work to be done...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views
We had our kitchen tiled last week and we're not at all happy with the work. The tiles aren't...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Hi from another want to be tiler
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.