Discuss Hi - new bloke trying to get a clue before trashing a bathroom! in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

rwamateur

Hello,

Thanks to all who post such useful info. I've got little to offer you yet except likely a good laugh at my expense over the coming days & weeks, but very grateful for the shared wisdom already.

Brand new to all this, but just discovered my folks have a problem with their shower and likely I'll be the idiot "fixing" it:

Looked very pretty, a few years back...

Now the chipboad (yes) substrate is like sheet potting compost, but smellier, with more mushrooms.

Getting a known builder in to assess the structure today, then it's likely my turn to rebuild the rest.

I'm thinking strip, clean & dry it, 18mm+ marine ply base to fit, check tray is well supported, snug fit with like materials all round, tanking, under-tile trim edges, w/p flexible adhesives and grout, vitreous tiles, silicone finishing.

Obviously there are some complications to make it a good beginners project - like the tray is 15 cm shorter than the cubicle - so there's going to be some angled tiling too.

Now for putting that into practice... All helpful comments and ideas REALLY WELCOME!

R

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hi - new bloke trying to get a clue before trashing a bathroom! in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

J
Hello. My first post. After having good search, these tiling forums are the best I have come...
Replies
Views
I

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB