Discuss Hi - newby here in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

rysiu1

Have been browing here, excellent info.
Converting my bathroom to a shower room, taking a long time, as lots of teething problems, but getting advice from this forum.
My next problem is making a disaster with laying ceramic tiles on my wbp floor. Have had to removi tiles, cleaned them up but the cement based adhesive is so difficult to remove.
Has anyone in past come across removing this from plywood floor. Any tips would be most helpful.

Helen

R

rysiu1

With very many thanks for all your advice.

I have taken Max's idea on board using SDS drill (in fact a friend has one, and when he saw my mess, went ahead and did the work form me, using up his Sunday). Today - Monday - I am tiling the floor and all coming good, so far. Will get my furniture in hopefully by the end of the week, and then I will make a start on tiling the walls, before I put the shower tray in with that Bal blue strip. Fingers crossed all will go well, 'till my next disaster! Bathroom showroom quoted me £12k to take out bath, install shower, remove and replace tiles, install stainless steel radiator towel rail and for the Utopia
bathroom furniture to be installed.

They said, two weeks to complete whole works, but so far it has taken me four weeks, and probably another 2/3 weeks before completion. I just couldn't afford their prices, although I appreciate they have their outgoings. So far spent £4k on shower, lights, loo and washbasin, tiles, etc. and not your B&Q stuff, although I am not saying it isn't any good. Went on internet to help me, but it is much harder than I had envisaged.

Better get on with it, now I've had my break.

Reply to Hi - newby here in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Greetings All, appreciate the expertise existing in this forum. I am a home remodeler, not a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently purchased my first property and the existing kitchen floor porcelain tiles were...
Replies
Views
Hi Tilers, this is my first question on this forum and I've got a few different areas to cover...
Replies
Views
New to the forum – excellent information! We have a large floor area tiled in a holiday home in...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Hi - newby here
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.