Discuss Hi, Please could somebody advise me on a tiling job just completed in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

L

Lisa Botham

Hi everyone

Just had two bathroom floors tiled. I have attached pics but not sure how good they will look on here. Basically the tiles are really sharp like there is not enough grout. He has also done the same to my neighbour, she got him back but hers are still sharp. I've bloody paid him as well. The tiles are wonky and look like no spacers have been used as the strips between tiles are all different sizes. The tiler is coming back tomorrow but I'm not sure what I can ask him to do. Please can somebody help?

Attachments

• SAM_0068.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 103
  • SAM_0069.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 99
  • SAM_0070.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 96
  • SAM_0071.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 98
  • SAM_0072.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 101
  • SAM_0073.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 102

gamma38

TF
Bedford
I agree with all of the above. Definately ask him for your money back, he will say no I would imagine then go down the route of saying you would like him to re-do the floor. Get yourself a long straight edge if you can get hold of one, lay it flat to show him how the tiles go up and down, then lay it along the grout lines to highlight how out of true they are. It just makes you seem more prepared to him, i'm not saying get nasty, nothing could be farther from the truth. But you need to make him see exactly what a shoddy job he has done.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
That is awful, one of my many pet-hates is not cutting the bottom off the door architrave and sliding the tile underneath. He's not even attempted to scribe round it, it's just the corner cut out, and that's a country mile out of being even close to the door frame/architrave. Point all these mistakes out to him and ask how HE will rectify them.

Reply to Hi, Please could somebody advise me on a tiling job just completed in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, My tiler has just left and apart from him chatting to me about his life story for majority...
Replies
Views
We had our kitchen tiled last week and we're not at all happy with the work. The tiles aren't...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m not a tiler - which is why I have one in working away on my new kitchen floor! However...
Replies
Views
Hi! Could I get some advice on my tiling? It's just been done last week by a tiler by trade but...
Replies
Views
Hi, We are in the process of having a new kitchen fitted and as part of the job we included...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB