Discuss Hi, Please could somebody advise me on a tiling job just completed in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

gamma38

TF
Bedford
20120928_124949.jpg 20120928_124938.jpg 20120928_125029.jpg

Attachments

• 20120928_125012.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 64
B

Bubblecraft

Great work Gamma and Bubble it sounds great for snacks and believe me I like food but can we keep to the original post please and advise the lady about her floor.

Thanks

Sorry Mark!

As I've said above, Lisa, it's really shocking workmanship & unfortunately, it has to come up. I know he's coming back today so wish you best of luck. I hope it can be resolved.

Last edited by a moderator:
I

Ian

I love what you've done there! I'm not even going to ask him to make it right as I suspect he has no idea how to. My poor neighbour is getting him back for a third time to hers as she has had tiles in four rooms! He will be here in ten minutes and I'm starting to get a bit nervy

Don't be nervous Lisa, be confident an tell him exactly what you want. Don't take any excuses.

B

Bubblecraft

I love what you've done there! I'm not even going to ask him to make it right as I suspect he has no idea how to. My poor neighbour is getting him back for a third time to hers as she has had tiles in four rooms! He will be here in ten minutes and I'm starting to get a bit nervy

Don't be nervy. Your the one in the right! Hope all goes ok. Let us know what his excuses were for poor tiling.

B

Bubblecraft

His excuse was that the bath panel must have pushed everything out of line! Or someone walked on it which is impossible as nobody was here all weekend. I asked him to replace the tiles and refund the labour charge but he has offered to replace the tiles only :( *******

That's shocking. Even if a bath panel was tight to it, spacers would have prevented this. Labour should have been refunded also. He's got a cheek to charge for that quality of work

gamma38

TF
Bedford
You could mention the legal word to him. But if he is a cowboy then he has probably heard it all before and won't care too much. I feel sorry for you there is too much of this sort of thing going on nowadays. You could always try to get together with your neighbour and both go at him as one.

L

Lisa Botham

He won't budge and my neighbour wants hers finishing as she has had three rooms done by him so she won't challenge him at all. Never mind lesson learned. Maybe a bit of Salford style retribution will be winging its way over to him once I have the money for the tiles. Thanks again all of you for your advice, I appreciate it.

One last thing............. anyone know a decent tiler in the Wigan area lol xxxx

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
D

DHTiling

He won't budge and my neighbour wants hers finishing as she has had three rooms done by him so she won't challenge him at all. Never mind lesson learned. Maybe a bit of Salford style retribution will be winging its way over to him once I have the money for the tiles. Thanks again all of you for your advice, I appreciate it.

One last thing............. anyone know a decent tiler in the Wigan area lol xxxx

Don't be soft... get advice from a legal team about a full claim against this ruff *** git,... why should you just right it off.. there are too many of these ruff jobs about latley , well at least posted on here a lot more that is.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hi, Please could somebody advise me on a tiling job just completed in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, My tiler has just left and apart from him chatting to me about his life story for majority...
Replies
Views
We had our kitchen tiled last week and we're not at all happy with the work. The tiles aren't...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m not a tiler - which is why I have one in working away on my new kitchen floor! However...
Replies
Views
Hi! Could I get some advice on my tiling? It's just been done last week by a tiler by trade but...
Replies
Views
Hi, We are in the process of having a new kitchen fitted and as part of the job we included...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB