Discuss Hi There!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

ndunsmuir

I've been reading this forum for quite some time, thought i was about time that i finally joined!!

Been tiling for just over 8 years, work for a building company and always been busy but work has dried up lately and my wages have been drastically cut. Wondered if anyone had any advice as to the best places/websites to look for work, as it looks like i might have to start up on my own. Bit nervous about it to be honest.

Live in leeds, west yorkshire.

any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Just had my first child and the finances are getting stretched!!

T

Time's Ran Out

:welcome:to the Tilers Forum.

Most people start up a business with desire to develop their skills for the greater good of their future and as such have carefully planned a short/medium/and long term statergy to make this choice a success.
Having all your eggs in one basket for 8 years can make it a difficult situation to now be in. Any wage is better than NO wage - so take your time look at the options and try finding additional income along side your present job.
There is a lot of skilled competition looking for contracts and unless you have an Unique selling point, you may find a long line of tradesmen before you.
But this forum is an excellent sorce for 'start up' information/advertising and general information. So stick around, ask questions and add to the replies. Good luck.

N

ndunsmuir

:welcome:to the Tilers Forum.

Most people start up a business with desire to develop their skills for the greater good of their future and as such have carefully planned a short/medium/and long term statergy to make this choice a success.
Having all your eggs in one basket for 8 years can make it a difficult situation to now be in. Any wage is better than NO wage - so take your time look at the options and try finding additional income along side your present job.
There is a lot of skilled competition looking for contracts and unless you have an Unique selling point, you may find a long line of tradesmen before you.
But this forum is an excellent sorce for 'start up' information/advertising and general information. So stick around, ask questions and add to the replies. Good luck.

thanks very much, great advice and to be honest for the time being i will have to stick out the current job and find additional work to top up the wage. i'm very aware of the competition. i haven't actually just worked for the one company for 8 years but have for the last 4.

thanks again

Reply to Hi There!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
First time poster here. For some context, I have a (mostly finished) tiny home with some really...
Replies
Views
Hi there Homeowner here who recently had my kitchen tiled by a professional tiler. We’ve been...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Hi There!!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.