Discuss Hi To Everyone in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ste-G

TF
Arms
Merseyside
Just thought it's about time I said hello. Although I've been tiling for 30 years a bad crash on my mountain bike means I haven't fixed a tile since April and probably won't till easter. So I haven't got much to talk about at present.
I work mostly on private jobs and don't meet a lot of other tilers, so this is the best way to get and hopefully give advice.
I'll post some pics of my work once I figure out how.

Ste-G

TF
Arms
Merseyside
Welcome along to TF. I thought you'd gone to LA Galaxy? ;)
No that's are kid "Stevie G"
Welcome, and good luck on the recovery.
I snapped my ACL in January, and have only just started working on my knees and running again (surgery end of May!)
Good luck, you'll be right again I'm sure. x
Thanks, I appreciate that.

O

Old Mod

No, but that's what everyone asked, would like to have watched it myself.

Haha ur stark raving fella! Haha
Can't imagine for one sec watching myself get hurt that bad!
Your injuries sound awfully familiar to skydiving injuries as I've said,
My younger brother some hrs back was flying a new rig with a 120sq ft. Canopy, 20ft from ground he was whipped from beneath the canopy over the top of it and slammed in to the DZ!
The only reason he lived was because it was a drop zone and was immed airlifted to Barcelona Hospital, which is only few mins by air.
Injuries sustained were
14 compound fractures right tib/fib resulting in 2inch bone protruding from just below kneecap, which was still sticking out 6 months later when he hobbled in to the London Free hospital to ask for corrective surgery he didn't recieve in Spain.
Left Fema clean snapped in half, now with plate, left side pelvis/hip smashed, now screwed back together.
Left humerus bone snapped clean in half, now plated and screwed, left collar bone smashed, now plated and screwed.
Resulting in months of corrective surgery here in uk starting with the re breaking of right tib/fib and pushing bone backs and then months of traction with leg brace, tightening the screws himself everyday haha
His right calf muscle was kind of removed and put to the front left side of his right leg where there was pretty much a hole! Loads of skin and bone grafts all in all pretty bloody painful!
But knowing my brother as I do!
Even tho he maitains he doesn't remember how it happened, I'd bet a great deal he was trying to be clever and swoop his new canopy!!!
And after just two jumps with it previous, u'd be mental to try, even with his 1800 jumps under his belt and adept skill at freeflying!

Ok so below is short vid of what it is too swoop!
It's not my brother by the way haha

View: http://youtu.be/BqkOE_wCfqE

I

Italy

Italian Downhill Championship 2011
My son fell broke pancreas, hospital 60 days without eating and getting up bed, 15 days intensive care, operation only 1/3 pancreatic x 15 days remained between life and death, but I brought home alive, thanks to the doctors and God .
sorry if I wrote this, but I feel among friends and when I hear these stories I want to tell the story of MY son

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hi To Everyone in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
So, I bought my first home with my wife after saving for about 10 years and have been thrown...
Replies
Views
A
My first tiling job, so I knew mistakes woupd happen but didin't think I would ruin so much...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
Hi All I'm looking for some advice from the experts and hope you can help. I've just had a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB