Hi,

Discuss Hi, in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dlt

Just a quick one, I have recently been asked to look at a floor that was having cracked grout and one tile was slightly springy! I ripped the tile up to see what was the problem but have also taken another 3 up with this. The floor laid onto was thermal boards but then they ran out of this and used ply to cover the last section. All this was fitted by the Electrican! The floor has been primed and cleaned with flexi porcelain adhesive and flexi grout. When I took the corner of this kitchen I found that the thermal boards was all loose around the corner and I could pull these up at least 4cm where the tiles was taken off. I scraped back the adhesive and found very few screws in this space mostly consisting of the outside section. Isn't the thermal boards using stuck down with adhesive and then screws every 6-8invh squared. Would love some feedback on this.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hi, in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Small bathroom tiling job in Stockton on tees ASAP, 90cm by 230cm approx. I have tiles, adhesive...
Replies
Views
450 x 450 porcelain tiles were laid on the bathroom floor recently. One of the tile sometimes...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB