Discuss Hit my first pipe in 5/6 years yesterday... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Just got home at 6 and got the call! Oh great I thought. I have forgotten to tighten the tap up.

Guess again, up came a sheet of hbb, a floorboard, found a wet patch, torch, mirror, no joy. After another bb, another florboard the leak was sourced.

Worst thing about it was I hit the pipe fixing the floorboards to the joists, the guy had filled two holes where the old kitchen light fitting had been a week previously. Had he not it would have been found sooner. This pipe, also had a small leak on it which lay blame to his already wet and intermittently wet stop ****!

Oh well, a simple floor turning into a flooking nightmare! Gotta say I've had a good run tho!

drill.jpg This be the offending drill, first job with it too :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 42

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
Have not hit a pipe, but did manage to flood my inlaws kitchen when I decided to undo a 22mm pushfit fitting from the hot water tank. I thought the tank was empty (it sounded very hollow). Boy, the pressure in that copper tank was unbelievable. It took all my strength to push the pipes back together. After clearing up the mess I flooded the same kitchen because I did not spot a tiny leak on the radiator. I had gone home and got a call about 3 hours later. working on a flood at about 22:00 is not fun. The leak came from the rad and ran perfectly down the 15mm pipe into a hole in the floor into the kitchen.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hit my first pipe in 5/6 years yesterday... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

H
Just got a call from a 6yr client. I installed this wet room and last night it pissed a leak and...
Replies
Views
A
Hi Guys - not sure whether to post here or in the adhesives forum - I guess it depends if you...
Replies
Views
4,858 of 4,965 people found the following review helpful 5.0 out of 5 stars Oh the shame...., 3...
Replies
Views
D
Imaginge: You have a product that a company could sell. And: You want their buyers to take...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB